Make sure everyone in the household is prepared to care for your new pet. It will be your obligation to care for this pet for years to come. Have things ready BEFORE you bring your cat or kitten home! You will need such items as:
- Dry food in which the first ingredient listed is meat; preferably chicken. We recommend Iams, Purina One, Maxximum Nutrition, or any super premium brand. Just check the label.
- Canned Food. We use a lot of Friskies and Fancy Feast.
- Bowls made out of ceramic, glass, or stainless steel (not plastic). You will need at least three; one for water, one for dry food, and one for wet food.
- A Litter Box. Rubbermaid tote boxes make great litter boxes.
- Litter. We use scoopable only. It’s the best way to keep a clean litter box.
- A brush and comb.
- A pet carrier or crate (to take your new kitten or cat home and for veterinarian trips)